French Guns
 Darne Other Sliding Breech Actions
 DARNE COPY ANYBODY KNOW MAKER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crowwing

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  15:59:50  Show Profile  Visit crowwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have on layaway at local gunshop a 16 gauge 65mm chambered what appears to be an exact darne copy.It has no name on it other than FOURMOND CONLIE on the trigger guard.It has st etienne and other french proof marks on the underside of the barrels.can any body help me with the maker,history,age,value etc? I cant provide any pictures as it is in the gun shop.It is very nice original condition.Any info would be great.thanks

Geoffroy

USA
750 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  21:09:03  Show Profile  Visit Geoffroy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello.
That is the name of the dealer in the town of Conlie France. He was in business in the 30s, maybe before and after.

Darnation
Go to Top of Page

crowwing

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:53:14  Show Profile  Visit crowwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would you know the maker?The stock is one piece,plain forend,horn buttplate.And to take off barrel to have to reach inside the receivers water table to the release barrels.Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Geoffroy

USA
750 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  09:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Geoffroy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hundreds of maker have been doing Darne's copies. Sometimes there is more indication under the barrels.

Darnation
Go to Top of Page

crowwing

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  14:15:44  Show Profile  Visit crowwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks for for your help,very little info on the undersides of the barrels just a few french proof marks.Its a nice little gun in great shape and seems to be well built,and choked perfectly at skeet 1 and skeet 2(a great grouse combo),I think i made out great on this gun paying only $550.00.Ive seen lesser darne copies go for 4x that on gunbroker.Thanks again for your input.
Go to Top of Page

dcronn

USA
119 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:25:10  Show Profile  Visit dcronn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crowwing,

Sounds like a sweet gun at a sweeter price. We'll patiently be waiting for photo's.

Dave C.
Go to Top of Page

crowwing

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:07:05  Show Profile  Visit crowwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks i fell in love with it the second i saw it,it was the first time actually seeing a darne action in person,i had to have it.Cant wait pay it off and for for hunting season to come.
Go to Top of Page

joneill3

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  22:34:12  Show Profile  Visit joneill3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just be sure to make sure you only use 2 1/2 inch shells if 65 mm chambers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Welcome to GournetUSA/DarneUSA Forum © 2000-12 GournetUS Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000